Saturday 29 June 2013

A new start... Again

June was a crazy month.   We're in the process of buying a house and selling our own.  It's stressful trying to prep a house for selling (aka- keep it clean enough that nobody thinks we secretly do crack in our spare time) while watching a baby and two crazy dogs.  

To top it off, we decided to throw a week long camping trip into the middle of the month.   2 full bags of marshmallows, countless hot dogs, one bottle of wine and many beers later, here I am at the end of the month, avoiding the scale again. 

July is 2 days away.  I weighed in on the 14th at 176.2 and haven't stepped on the scale since.  I can hear the scale secretly mumbling its thanks from under the bathroom sink- even he's afraid of those numbers. I know I've gained.  I can feel it in my face and my stomach area.   I'm not talking 10lbs here (or maybe I am) but, enough that I know it's there.

It sucks.  I know I have to face the inevitability of the scale on Monday morning.  I tried to give myself a buffer week after camping to get back on track, but the container of Reece's Peanut Butter ice cream in the freezer tells me that was a supreme fail (by container, I really mean half a spoonful, it could really be in a thimble, but using the container to hold that small spoonful lets me believe I didn't really eat that much).  I need to weigh in every morning to keep myself on track.  

So, July 1st is the date.  There is something about. A new month starting on a Monday.  Monday, July 1st.   

No matter what the scale says on Monday morning, I will reach 168 by the end of July.... 


No comments:

Post a Comment