Tuesday 2 July 2013

Intro (holy hell, I can talk a lot)

This;

was me.... cute right?  I had a pretty perky little butt, and you can tell I'm mischievous by the sneaky way I'm pretending to open that door....  

But, I also cleaned up pretty nicely.   Look how sexy I look with my hair did and my pretty purple dress.   Hot, I'd hit that.


Then, the years went by....  Relationships have this crazy way of making you fat.   Seriously, why is that?   When I met Mike in 2007 I was that girl in the pictures, mischievous, cute, clean and fit.   I was running daily and lifting weights and I loved it.

Then, Mike introduced me to bacon (lots of bacon....  We eat so much bacon.... ), and we settled down into our happy little routine and built a nice, happy little life together...  Little by little by little, parts of my old, fit life started slipping away. My Saturday morning run was replaced by Saturday morning sleep ins, and late night junk food runs.   I gained weight, and "fit me" decided to take a small vacation. 

Fast forward to 2011.   November 2011.   Mike and I sat down one night, and decided our happy little life together was missing something, namely the pitter patter of little feet.   We jumped right in and got to the baby building (sex, for those of you who are curious... I'd include the pictures, but they make my ass look fat).   On December 19th, we discovered we could expect our little feet in August.    And that's when "hungry me" came out.

I ate for 8 months straight.  Anything that got sucked into my gravitational pull went straight into my mouth.  We still cannot find our cat (though, I pooped hair balls for like a month, so I am pretty sure she is gone).  Dairy Queen invented this crazy thing called a Confetti Cake Blizzard that tasted something like what I imagine Angel Sperm to taste like, and I ate entire Confetti Cake Blizzard Cakes to myself.  And chips, and cookies and popcorn and candy and bacon.... You name it, I ate it.   At one point in the pregnancy, Mike was eating the onion out of the onion rings and giving me the deep fried batter (I don't like onions you see, but I love deep fried).

By April... I looked like this (largeness aside, who told me bangs were  good idea?).   You can tell me "oh! But you were pregnant!"  And try to make me feel better, which is sweet! But I look like I ate about 7 hippos.  That glow? It's not pregnancy glow- I just finished eating a stick of butter and my face is glistening.  Yikes.

 

At each weigh in at the doctors office, I would look at the number as quickly as I could, then write it down and look away.   As it climbed higher and higher and higher and higher and higher, I started getting more and more depressed.   Eventually I asked the doctor if he could weigh me, because I didn't want to see those numbers anymore.   230-245-250-273.  At 273 (two hundred seventy three!!!) pounds, I said "enough" and just stopped caring.   Oh! I still ate, and I still gained weight!  But I stopped caring about it!  So it didn't count!  See?  Clever!

August 2nd at 5:00 am, my water broke and I went into labour.   Early.   On August 5th at 11:41 PM, my little dude was born via emergency C-Section.  For those of you who are good at math, that's 3 days of labour.  Oxytocin induced labour.   Medication free oxytocin induced labour, because I'm a huge wimp and was petrified of the epidural.  My fight against the epidural was stupid anyway, because I ended up under general anaesthetic.    My little dude had a hole in his lung and had to spend a bit of time in the NICU....  But, eventually he was just fine and we got to go home.
 

The first few months at home, I did nothing.  Between failed bfing attempts, middle of the night feelings, Mikes week long hunting trip and a newborn baby- I was exhausted.   I finally stepped on a scale October 15th; 279lbs.   279.  279lbs.  Yikes.  Given that baby H weighed a good 7.6lbs at birth and I'd already had 2 months of somewhat healthy eating, that number stung.  

So, I started working at it.  October-December I did half assed attempts at the 30DS and a few short walks.  Nothing spectacular.  I started counting my calories and eating more veggies.   By Christmas time the scale said 230.  

January and February I kicked it into high gear!   By February 19th I was weighing only 216!  Not too shabby! 

I started running again, and doing the 30DS a little more religiously.  Healthy eating and more exercise and BAM; here I am 175lbs.  100lbs down from where I started. 





So! If you've read this far....  Thank you.  I've still got a little ways to go.   I'm going to continue this blog in the hopes of keeping myself accountable, and hopefully help out a few other Mums looking to get fit and be a little healthier.... And feel a little sexier- because that's the important part right ;-)






No comments:

Post a Comment