Monday 8 July 2013

Comfort Zone?

I'm so far out of my comfort zone I'm sitting on a cactus.  In a momentary lapse of judgement, I signed up for a 5k run.  
      Truth be told, I've been wanting to do this run for ages, but the dates in our area hasn't been released.   Yesterday Mike informs me that they have opened up the Vancouver date.   Still foggy from a mid-afternoon nap and drooling slightly, I asked a few friends to join me. 
        To both my fear and excitement, several friends have agreed to run with me.  I'm absolutely thrilled, but terrified at the same time.    The run is not competitive, but it is still 5 kilometres.  
           I know deep down I do have it in me.  I have no issue running or jogging for long distance, but my issue always comes in endurance.  I need breaks and rests, I have no issues covering a 10km distance, it just takes me a while. 
      So, my goal is to get my timing and pacing down.  I'd like to, ideally, hit an 8k per hour average speed before the colour run.  I'm on week 2 of the C25K, and today my distance was improved.  

Some people spend good money to sit on cacti!  Let's find out what lies after that comfort zone! 


No comments:

Post a Comment