Thursday 11 July 2013

Workout App

As I mentioned (every chance I get!), I don't have a lot of time in my every day, or if I do, it's at inconsistent times.   For this reason, I try to squeeze workouts in when I can.   

It has been working for us (for the last week, fingers crossed) that I am up at 4:30 with H, he gets breakfast, I get my coffee, we go for a run around 6:00 or so, just in time for his morning nap.   I love this schedule, because it gives me some peace and quiet while I run without worrying about H fussing in the stroller.  I also like to get my run out of the way in the morning, so I don't have to think about it all day.  This morning we hit 50 minutes before he woke up crying and I said "eff this shit, we're going home before things get crazy."  

 In theory, a run is a good enough workout for a day.  In theory.  Sometimes around 11 or so, I am sick to death of cleaning (and yes, I admit it, I could use a Henry break).  Some days, I just relax, but most days I try to fit in a strength work out.  

I found this nifty little workout app that takes you through different exercises.  It looks like this;

It's ridiculously hard to find the name of it once its downloaded, but I typed in Workout and it popped up. 

You have a few options.  You can pick one specific body part (ie; arms) or you can chose a random workout.  It also allows you to customize your own workout by picking and choosing specific exercises.   I like to do a circuit of cardio, abs and arms when I have time.    

They have great predetermined 5 minute workouts that take you through a series of 30 second exercises.  I recommend running through it twice if you do this one. 

They can be as easy or hard as you make them, it's all about the work you put into it, but overall I completely recommend this app for squeezing in some strength training! 




(As a side note! I also want to add that I totally lowered my running times from yesterday!  I'm stoked!  Loving my new running capris and amazing sports bra- thank you lululemon, amazing as always!)


No comments:

Post a Comment