Monday 15 July 2013

59 Days and Counting

Yesterday marked exactly 2 months until the Colour Run Race.   

I'm training for this race like its the freaking long walk in Stephen Kings novel (Richard Bachman, whatever, the same guy wrote it).  I'm training like its a magical marathon and I'm going to win millions of dollars and a record deal at the end (apparently, along the route I will also develop singing talent).   In reality I'm going to run the 5k, hug my baby and then proceed to get trailer park drunk for the first time in 3 years.  I'm "training" for this race like my life depends on it. 

Why?

Why not?   Having a goal or an end in sight gives me something to focus on.   Running is a solo sport for the most part. Henry and Blaze don't offer up much competition.  To be fair, Henry is kind of a crappy runner anyway, he just kind of gives up and sits there, drinking OJ. 

I need to prove to myself that I am capable, that I am good enough, that I am a runner.   Doing this 5k means more to me than the 100lb weight loss, it proves that I have changed my life enough to do wonderful things.   The fact that I can run 5k isn't enough, it needs to be public, it needs to be big- it needs to be colourful!

(And because I'm a big of an AW, here are my times from this morning.  There's a long way to go- but I've already improved in only a few weeks time). 

No comments:

Post a Comment